GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
The course of Transportation means is divided in theoretical part and practical part. The theoretical part is also divided in sub groups as follows:
- Means of transport in road transport. The students will become familiar with theory of basics of kinematics and dynamics of vehicles, the basic equations of motion, resistances of movement, driving forces and driving power, mechanics of driving, traffic characteristics of vehicles, design parameters, the drive power internal combustion engines, clutch, transmissions, differential, brakes and systems of active and passive safety.
- Means of transport in rail transport. The students will become familiar with theory and historical development, traction, resistant forces at moving train, adhesion of rolling stock, train trip, locomotive traction force, power transmission, brakes, electro-magnetic trains, advantages and disadvantages of individual drives and maintenance.
- Final Chapter: The students will become familiar with theory of alternative energy sources propulsion engines (hybrid drives, fuel cells, etc..) and ecological aspects (emission, recycling, etc..).
Practical part of the course are exercises, where students get knowledge how to solve exercises from kinematics, resistant forces, torques, etc.
The course will cover the following topics:
- The theory of kinematics and dynamics of different transportation modes (especiallly road and rail transportation system).
- Overview en explanation of how specific transportation means are working.
– Šraml M.: Lecture notes
– Crouse H. W.: AUTOMOTIVE MECHANICS, 5th edition.
– Bohner M. et al.: MOTOR VEHICLE, 1996.