GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
The course integrates different aspects of energy efficient building design; architectural & bioclimatic design, basic structural design of timber buildings, use of active techical systems within the building energy concept. The aim of the couse is to qualify the students for the design of energy efficient timber buildings on a case study of timber house of different typologies (individual house, attached houses, row houses, smaller public building).
The course will cover the following topics:
- Influence of climate on building design
- Energy efficient design concepts (orientation, solar design, shape factor, zoning, daylighting)
- Building components
- Passive design strategies
- Active design strategies
- Timber structural systems
- Detailing of timber building elements
- Best practice examples
- Žegarac Leskovar Vesna, Premrov Miroslav. Energy-efficient timber-glass houses, (Green energy and technology). London [etc.]: Springer, cop. 2013. VI, 178 str., ISBN 978-1-4471-5510-2. ISBN 978-1-4471-5511-9, doi: 1007/978-1-4471-5511-9.
- Lecture powerpoint slides
- Benedetti C.: Timber buildings: low energy constructions, Bozen-Bolzano University Press 2010