GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
Students will learn how to develop computer programs in an object-oriented programming language that can be used to solve technical problems in AECO industry. The focus is on the development of own programs (desktop, web, mobile) and to extend existing software in the field of engineering with special focus on construction, architecture and transportation (i.e. use of Java, C++ for programming of parametric models for Autodesk software, Allplan – SmartParts Script Language, SOFiSTIK – script language CADINP, Revit Dynamo, MATLAB object oriented programming language, Mathematica – symbolic and functional programming).
- Importance of object oriented design for better understanding of building information modelling
- concepts, syntax and fundamentals of object-oriented programming language,
- user interface design
- design and development of first computer program inside development environment (eg. Eclipse)
- computer program testing
- design and implementation of computer program for selected examples from the field of civil engineering (infrastructure) and building object (i.e. use of programming languages Java, C++) Mathematica – symbolic and functional programming.
- Examples of web applications
- OOP: Learn Object Oriented Thinking and Programming, Rudolf Pecinovsky, ISBN 9788090466197, Eva & Tomas Bruckner Publishing, 2013.
- Object Oriented Programming using Java, Simon Kendal, 1. edition, ISBN: 9788776815011, Ventus Publishing, 2009.
- Grady Booch, Object-oriented Analysis and Design With Applications, second edition, Addison-Wesley, Menlo Park, CA, 1994.