GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
The course consists of the in-depth study of heat transfer using the diffusion differential equation and computer modelling of the appropriate problems.
About a third of the course is dedicated to the study of diffusion equation and a few of its theoretical solutions with their practical consequences. The rest is dedicated to the study of the diffusion equation numerical solving.
For the numerical part of lectures, program packet Sage, based on program language Python and with Mathematica-like interface, is used (http://www.sagemath.org/). Pyhton libraries SciPy and NumPy are also used for simpler programming.
Students can write programs also using other programming languages (C, Fortran, Pascal), it is however expected that they mastered the chosen programming language beforehand.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Basics of static and dynamic heat transfer
- Analytical solutions of diffusion equation
- Thermal bridges
- Numerical solutions of diffusion equation
- Basics of programming
- Heat transfer modelling
- Marko Pinterić: Building physics, Springer 2017.
- Lecture notes in English.
- Numerical recepies, Cambridge University Press.