GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
Microclimate as a contextual generator of bioclimatic architecture from the human to urban scale is considered. Human-building microclimate, building-environment and building-building interactions are studies and principles of early design energy approaches are incorporated these interactions are discusses.
The course will cover the following topics:
- understanding of human-building, building-environment and building-building interaction
- basics of thermodynamics and meteorology
- basics of complex systems in context of urban structure and dynamics
- Szokolay, Introduction to Architectural Science, 2nd ed. Architectural Press, 2008. D. E. Williams
- Relevant current professional literature from topics covered in the course