GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE COURSE
- Conceptual design of structural assemblies on the specific selected case study.
- Integration of different structural systems (massive, lightweight), different structural materials (steel, concrete, timber) and building materials (insulation, protection, finalization) into a building system.
- Consideration of building physics and structural design requirements.
Transition from a concept to the detailed plan of structural assemblies of specific selected case study.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Horizontal structures: roof, floor structures, balconies, loggias, terraces
- Stairs, openings
- Vertical structures: exterior walls, interior walls
- Building envelope: non-transparent envelope, glass facades and roofs
- Emphasis on learning about the functioning of individual structural components in various material implementations.
- Application of constructional assembly on a building, critical analysis of the conceptual design, function and materials
- Design and dimensioning: heat transition and water vapor diffusion, fire safety, sound insulation.
- Deplazes A.: Constructing architecture, Birkhäuser Architecture; 2nd ed. 2008.
- Kolb J.: Systems in Timber Engineering, Birkhauser, 2008
- Rules on efficient use of energy in buildings (OG RS 52/2010)
- Lecture slides